£125.00 – £225.00 Exc. VAT
- Call from mobile phone or landline
- No call charge created
- Unit has its own Simm card
- A built in button to opens gate directly
- Any caller can open the gate or only pre-registered callers
- Mains power or independent solar / battery supply
- Phone unit communicates with gate by radio
How it works
The phone gate opener unit has its own SIM card providing the unit with its own phone number and text capability. The unit is linked to a radio transmitter that sends a signal to open the Dofygate over a distance of up to 70m. The unit can be called from anywhere and from any phone.
The Dofygate Auto close system needs to be fitted to safely close the gate or barrier following opening using a phone. More information on the auto close unit here.
********* The phone gate opener does not create call charges in normal use **********
There are two ways of setting up the RTU unit
- Any caller can open the gate by calling the correct number – This is a good starting point for any system.
- Authorised callers only – the gate will only open for numbers pre-registered with the unit. Authorised numbers are added and removed from the authorised list by text message. Similarly flipping between any and authorised caller is also carried out the same way.
******** Text messages are charged at the network rate. *********
There are two ways to power the phone gate opener
- The linked radio unit has a range of up to 70m. Therefore where power is within that range a mains unit is the best choice.
- Where no power is within 70m of the gate then the solar/battery supply is needed.
There are two versions of the RTU unit
- The standard RTU5024 described above will do all that is required in most circumstances.
- The PC version RTU5025 works in the same way as the RTU5024 and also links to a PC or laptop to record any action undertaken by the RTU. Time and date of use is recorded and held ready for download plus it easier to add and remove authorised users. This version is appropriate for parks where users can be authorised for specific periods only so stopping entry at the end of that period. This unit is not suitable for a solar power supply and limited to a connection with a PC.
The phone gate opener will work with all Dofygates but is usually used with the Inst-e-Gate.
RTU5024 Mains, RTU 5024 Solar, RTU5025 PC Mains